Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken Piccata


Chicken Piccata | Music Upload

This is a song I put together tonight just for fun. It's about an actual dream I had.


LYRICS
It was 4:12 A.M. and my wife just woke me up.
It seems I had a bad dream.
It was kind of a weird dream.
So I was in an apartment complex with my wife.
She’s cooking something on the stove,
I can’t remember what it was but it smelled really good.
Chicken Piccata, I think, I love the Chicken Piccata
So we’re sittin there and we’re talking, having a good time,
laughing, talking about our daughter.
Then there’s this loud thud.
And the wall behind her crumbles.
And we start to free fall.
There is rubble everywhere.
As we start falling down, down, down, down,
deeper and farther.
And I reach out to her and I can’t seem to reach her.
But I catch the look on her face
and see’s thinking the same thing I’m thinking
I guess this is it.
I guess we’re done.
It’s just a matter of time now I guess.
There’s kind of a calm sense of panic.
Oh well.
I mean it was real.
It felt real.
I was overcome with this feeling of sadness.
You know you really start to appreciate it.
When you start to realize that
This is it.
You know it’s kind of cliché.
But you really gotta saver all the moments,
you know, as they say.
Cause you never know when the ground is going to
fall out from under you.
I’m glad to say that I didn’t feel like it was all a waste of time.
I was just, I was just sad that it was all over.
And I do remember.
And I do remember.
Thinking out loud.
To myself as I fell.
Kicking in the are as I was reaching for my wife.
I called out.
No.
No.
And that’s why my wife woke me up.
Cause I was screaming, No, No, No, in bed.
So I guess you gotta figure what is the moral of this, this dream.
and I think that it’s.
Always take the time to appreciate a good dish of Chicken Piccata.
Cause, it could be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment