Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How to draw a Dragon.



I think all artists, that are able, should do this. It's a great way to take the mystery out of something we take for granted. I always have people looking over my shoulder so fascinated at the process of creating artwork. I've argued this point with many people. I think everyone, EVERYONE has the ability to be creative. I think creativity in all it's incarnations egsists in all of us. I see them as a hall of doors. Some people have closed doors and others have them wide open. Others keep those doors locked but always have the keys hidden somewhere. The ability to create art is not God given to just a few. It's Man nurtured by all who choose to. It's something to be worked for. Something you labor after. Practicing the craft over and over again is what makes you good at it. Anyone who would like to be able to draw a Dragon could do so. Not the same day but after spending the time drawing over and again. When I say art I mean all forms of art. Writing, acting, singing, painting, architecture... Now I do believe some people are born with some of these doors already open. But that the doors exist in all of us. It's just a matter of going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment